boxlockexcelsior
(.224 member)
26/01/22 06:39 PM
Re: shotgun double rifle conversion + donor gun

The book is on the way...Also emailed preferred barrel blanks. They said that they can turn custom barrel blanks to fit the inner diameter of my specific barrels for ~ USD $295 a piece. They can also thread the muzzles, crown the barrels and create muzzle caps for an additional $80 a piece. I don't think this is too bad, considering the man hours usually required to turn something like a barrel down on a lathe & threading. Also, I wanted to be involved in the conversion, but cutting the man hours this way seems pragmatic. The only thing is, they need a schematic of the inner diameter of the barrels. I was thinking of doing a plaster or plastic mold of the i.d. then, measuring the mold/s. I wish there was an old blueprint online, like at Numrich's that would tell me the exact taper. Because, the bore goes from about the extreme of 15/16 at the breech to 13/16 at the muzzle. I probably should contact Mr. little bespoke gunmaker also, as he has assuredly already ran into these problems. I also, have an old Boito that has relatively the same dimensions I could test chamber pressures on, after headspace reaming, and I don't mind it blowing up before the final proofing on the Stevens.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com