Pugwash
(.300 member)
29/11/18 06:58 AM
Re: Questions On Building Double Rifles

Hi Brennon272,

For starter's this is a Bar action lock rather than a Back action lock which would be far more ideal for an H&H rifle build.If you go down this route you have a mighty task ahead of you.Even if you complete an action,you still have the stocking and finishing to complete.Once this is done you'll have a pair of rifle barrels on a shotgun action.
However many time's people do these type of conversion's/build's I will never be convinced that the action's hold up like a rifle action will.That's the reason rifle action's were designed to be more robust than a shotgun action.
You would probably be better to go to a company like Piotti or another similar Gun and Rifle maker,and see if you can purchase an action and part's to build a proper rifle.You will save yourself a lot of grief and at the end you will have a proper Double rifle rather than a compromise.
I know that a few people here will tell me I'm talking a load of rubbish but after 40 years of making Guns and Rifle's I think I might have gained a bit of experience in these matter's.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com