crshelton
(.333 member)
06/10/18 06:32 AM
Re: Selling a shotgun converted to DR

Mr Vicknair,
From your above post, I conclude that you see a major safety hazard with shooting shotgun based double rifles. Please help me to understand upon what facts or statistics this hazard is based.

You see, I have shot double shotguns for over 60+ years. This shooting was during practice, hunting, skeet, and sporting clays. Never in all this time have I experienced or heard of a shotgun piercing a primer.

Also, in 40+ years of shooting center fire pistols, never have I experienced or heard of a punctured pistol primer.

Lastly, in 40 years of shooting center fire rifles, never have I experienced a pierced primer or even heard of or read about a pierced primer causing problems.

I have seen the results of bad hand loads on guns and it was not pretty.

I still shoot double guns,center fire rifles and pistols and do not understand your concern about the likelihood of punctured primers.

If primer failures were commonplace or even likely, it would seem the alarm would have been raised many years past and the problems solved.

Thank you in advance for your assistance, as I am neither a gun maker nor gun smith, just a shooter and reloader.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com