mickey
(.416 member)
20/05/05 05:59 AM
Re: Rechambering?

JPK

I don't want to scare you off the rechamber. If it is done correctly and reproofed you will have increased the value of the rifle beyond the cost. You will also get a rifle that you will have no worries over, not even in the back of your mind.

500 Nitro.

I'm not sure how JJ reregulates but the way I have seen it done in Liege and Ferlach is with two irons, heated with gas, that are inserted into the ends of the barrels. A jig is used that allows the individual barrel to be move backand forth and up and down. When the solder is hat the barrel that is offending is tweaked. The barrels never get hot enough to hurt the blacking.

I had a Gibbs that shot very badly reregulated by a well known fellow in the NE of the US. He claimed that he could do the job, and like a fool, I let him. He melted the solder almost to the breech and burned off the blacking almost as far. What a mess. I sent the rifle to Liege and had it put back together and reregulated properly. It came back looking better than before and shot very well also.

Moral is never let an Amateur practice on your rifle. Make sure they are competent to do the job. Second moral is that almost anything can be fixed by an expert.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com