twobobbwana
(.333 member)
24/03/17 12:05 PM
Re: In the beginning...

Darryl,

I wonder if the "often breaking" Perazzi triggers are coils or v springs ???

Saw a beautiful Perazzi (SC3 or SCO ??) once but it had the crack in the elbow of the v spring.

It surprises me that any gun designed for the heavy use of a trap gun would be that fragile.

Dewey,

Other than it already being done do you think the idea has merit ???

A sidelock should be about the easiest to adapt to a triggerplate type action. Instead of the elements of the mechanism being mounted to individual sideplates that are mounted to the frame, they should "easily" adapt to a central mounting on a triggerplate.

Being that we revere back action sidelocks for double rifles - leaves more steel in the elbow of the action to inhibit flexing - why wouldn't a back action sidelock type action with the locks mounted on a trigger plate be equally desirable.

Perhaps the Max Ern lock (roller on mainspring acting directly on the back of the hammer), in one of the Shooting Sportsman articles, would also be a desirable extension of this idea.

I think the ability to quickly interchange locks in the safari camp due to breakage is an overstated "selling point" ............that would be, of course, until I needed to do so.

It may just be a case of "better to have it and not need it .......... than need it and not have it".

Just kicking this around fellas !!!!!

Contact Us NitroExpress.com