usnrigger
(.224 member)
06/01/17 07:17 AM
Looking at starting a double rifle project - have questions

Okay, I can into a Spanish made double 12ga that barrels had been collapsed during a hunting trip. The run down of the action.

12 Gauge
Anson & Deeley Action Design
Purdey Double Underbites
Concealed Third Fastener/Secret Bite
Firing Pins are already bushed
Dovetail Lump setup
Double Trigger
Extractors

To my knowledge and from research this should be a good candidate for conversion. Good action design, 3 lockups ext.. But let me know if something bothers anyone. Barrels would be monoblocked in. I will most likely thread and solder.

- I was looking at a few calibers mainly a 470NE, But 450/400, 450 3.25" and 500NE

- Going for a very traditional English look like Westley Richards

- What should my target end weight be for a rifle in these cartridges be around? I know that's subjective but traditionally I was thinking 9.5lbs and up

- What Dia should the firing pins be on Double Rifles. Didn't know if I needed to remake the bushings and firing pins or if the original ones are able to be reused.

- I was looking at 26" barrels, is their a basic contour/profile, or is the profile that of standard sporting rifles(Douglass #4). is their a rule of thumb on bore to wall thickness(.475" + .250" = .725" @ muzzle) type thing

- I see that some are welding in cross bar close to the Hanger for the front iron, its this standard or typical.

This should be a good start of questions I have. I do have "The Book" just need to find it after my move. Will be doing more research and reading existing threads here and elsewhere. thanks for any answers you give

Contact Us NitroExpress.com