Birdhunter50
(.375 member)
06/06/15 12:11 AM
Re: .577 NfB double

AZDAVE,
It already is, I delivered it to him just in time for him to take it on a bear hunt up in Manitoba, Canada. He killed two bears while he was there but only one with this double. The one he shot with this gun was coming straight in to the bait at 30 yards and heading right for him, while he was up in a 13 foot ladder stand. He shot it dead center right behind the shoulders, the bullet took out four inches of the spine, angled back and came out one of the hind legs.
Everyone in camp was impressed with the bear and the gun. They all wanted to shoot it, so after the hunt was over he let any of them shoot it who wanted to try the gun out. He told them all up front to always pull the front trigger first because it was set lighter than the rear one. Everyone who wanted to, got to shoot the gun. Then the last man up put two fingers in it and promptly doubled the gun!
The owner emailed me right away and together we figured out that there was no damage to the stock.
I am enclosing pictures of the bears this fellow shot. I also have a video of the gun being doubled which I will have to try and get on here if I can figure out how to do it. It is hilarious and I doubt if that fellow will ever forget and he will never do that again.
The first two pictures are of the bear he shot with this gun, the other one is the first bear he shot with his 50 Alaskan because he didn't have the double with him at the time. They estimated this bear to be between 500 and 600 pounds. He said the strongest scale that they had in camp was only a 400 pound scale. He and another big guy lifted it up while it was on the scale and they could only lift it enough to get the needle back up to 400 pounds! He measured six feet six inches from nose to the base of his tail and 60 inches around the middle. He measured twelve inches between the ears. He has not been officially score yet but I will know latter how that went. Bob

Contact Us NitroExpress.com