Birdhunter50
(.375 member)
18/05/15 12:38 PM
Simson .405 Winchester

This is my Simson .405 Winchester that I finished up last year. It has 24 inch McGowan barrels on it and it is fitted for a Leupold scope in quick detach Talley rings. The Simson action has sideclips, cocking indicators, and a greener crossbolt. It was proof tested for 300 grain jacketed spire points at 2100 FPS. It is also fitted with a rear express sight with one standing leaf and two folding leaves and a orange fiber optic bead front sight.
The checkering is 26 lines per inch on a very nice piece of hard curly walnut. I think the stock is made of Bastogne but it might be Claro, I should have written it down. The stock is fitted with a steel gripcap, sling swivel stud, and a Kick Eze recoil pad. My good friend Brian Dudley did most of the hard parts on the wood work, including all the checkering. He does first class work!

I am sorry about the picture quality of the shots with the green background, they look washed out. The ones with the blue carpet background are closer to the true colors of the wood. Bob

Contact Us NitroExpress.com