GPJ12345
(.300 member)
25/12/14 04:59 PM
Re: Side x side shotgun actions conversion builds acceptable?

Chrisper/Mauser416

From my perspective I view such a build as extremely challenging , technically,intellectually and financially in a way since having access to material and machines the financial aspect is less daunting . The "acceptability factor" features as a low, low factor for I am satisfied it will be to my liking ...I accept purchasing a high grade double from well known brands will not be possible in my case while I own big bore rifles (404 Jeffery/.458 Mannlicher Schonauer) that can do any big game hunt, financially it does not make sense of engaging in such a financial layout while you have the tools already to do a dangerous game hunt with..

Looking at the processes in building a shotgun action it is even possible that procedures adapt by the likes of forum members can be a better concept than brand/off the shelf commercial brands..

I will definitely venture into such a building process and believe this is an endeavor that will for certain evolve rapidly maybe creating a market where even these big brands will make available components to such a market like we find today in the commercial world..

Contact Us NitroExpress.com