NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
15/07/13 02:20 PM
Re: Calibres for a .410 double rifle conversion

Quote:

I built one maybe 20 years ago on a Zabala .410 in .22 Hornet. It turned out very nice. There were photos of it on this site but I imagine that they are long gone. I have just begun building another one on a Zabala .410, this time in calibre 6.5x57R.

He of little faith ...

TOP: Her little sister, a .22 Hornet that I built on a CIL Model 172, .410 bore. These guns were built for Canadian Industries Ltd. by Zabala of Eibar, Spain. I absolutely love this little rifle. I regulated it with Lyman, 50 grain, cast, flat-nosed bullets at 1600 fps. It kills rabbits, and squirrels, and coyotes, with far more authority than a .22 LR.

CENTRE: The still incomplete .303. I'm still playing with the regulation to get it just right, before rust-bluing her.

BOTTOM: Her big sister, the .450 #2 NE that I built on a BRNO ZP-49, 12 bore. There is also a set of 12 gauge barrels which are fitted to the same action. This one goes to Africa with me next year to take another buffalo.

Photo # 1 shows them top to bottom in the order in which I built them,
Top is a 12 gauge rifle
Second is a .22 Hornet
Third is a .450 #2 Nitro Express
Bottom is the .303 British

This photo is from the opposite side and the order is reversed

Same as above. I hope that these photos give even a slight idea of the beautiful, deep, lustrous blue that I was able to achieve with this product. If you've been thinking about trying it, go ahead. It's not rocket science at all, just follow the directions and keep everything 100% oil and grease free.

http://forums.nitroexpress.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=122636&an=&page=0&vc=1

Contact Us NitroExpress.com