twobobbwana
(.333 member)
21/05/13 10:51 AM
Re: project 500 nitro

Felix,

If you've read Ellis' book and done your sums as to suitability of action for the calibre I'd say your biggest problem is to get the weight for calibre and balance correct so that you've got a "dynamic handling" and shootable double.

It is my understanding that the AYA 2 is a copy of the bar action Holland and Holland sidelock action that is well revered. By the photo it looks to be reinforced in the elbow of the action ......at least to some extent. This action should have all the lockups on it and if fitted up correctly (read Vic Venters article about "Jointing and the Circle", from GunCraft, especially his comments on jointing double rifles), and the hardness is correct, it should make a good conversion.

This is the very action that has my attention for a double rifle build as it is a copy of the Holland action. Just got to find one with a pistol grip stock.........and come up with the money, of course.

This is just my opinion..........as a student of the process with zero shotgun to double rifle conversions to my credit.

Please keep the photos coming. And be sure to provide commentary for the rest of us to learn from.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com