mehulkamdar
(.416 member)
06/12/12 03:31 AM
Re: Building Actions

Hi,

I don;t know if this is of any help, but I recently found an old article by Nikitas Kypridemos in ane arly issue of Gun Digest where he discusses improvements to the boxlock design to make it shallower, lighter and with less moving parts, beginning with the original design and ending with the then latest designs from Gough Thomas and himself. There are several drawings in it and if this project ever takes off, I could talk to the editor at Gun Digest who is a very nice lady and has been talking about working with these forums with me and John and use it as a starting point to collect data for this "open source" project.

I must stress here that I am neither a gunsmith, nor am I an engineer. Neither is the editor whom I mentioned. However, we are both journalists and could help research various early designs and put them together in order for the experts here to work with towards what eventually becomes a "Nitroexpress Forum" design.

Please let me know if this is of interest, and I'll take matters forward. Good hunting!

Contact Us NitroExpress.com