Ron_Vella
(.333 member)
10/09/12 01:12 AM
Re: Double rifle project, calibre 9.3x74R

About a week ago, I received a pair of Leupold, matte black, medium height, QRW rings. I have since altered the locking levers so that they clear the tops of the barrels, rust-blued them, and have everything installed and ready for regulation. The first two photos show the rifle wearing its scope, which is a Leupold Vari-X III, 1.75x-5x, matte black finish, heavy duplex reticle.

The third photo shows a comparison between a factory-original locking lever and one which I have altered by hot-forging, filing all contours smooth and round, polishing with stones, and rust bluing. They now look better, are a lot easier on the thumb and fingers with their rounded edges, and they clear the barrels without having to pull them out every 360 degrees. I can now crank these levers undone and remove the scope in just a few seconds. This is the only system that I've been able to come up with, short of very expensive claw mounts, which is fast, secure, returns to zero, and does not leave unsightly levers on the rifle when the scope is removed.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com