DoubleRifle999
(.224 member)
06/04/12 01:02 PM
Re: Build--470 NE

I certainly appreciate the response! I want to personally say thank you to Ellis for giving his time to me (and to others) in this forum.

First, I need to say that I have sent an email to your publishing house (are you self-publishing??) about your book. Now that you have mentioned it in your post, I don't really need an answer to my questions!! My order for your book will come tomorrow. The other two books you mentioned I have already purchased along with a third one currently on order with Amazon (can't remember the title right now-??(it must be a "getting old" thing..)) Nothing I have read so far has dissuaded me from starting this build. I have only gently perused Wright's book, but I am well into "Gun Craft". I fully intend to study all of these thoroughly before starting the build.

Thanks for all of the advice. Although I have worked extensively in the trade, as I mentioned I have NO experience with double guns (other than shotguns of course). What I have discovered over the years is that there is a lot of smoke, magic, and mirrors that appears in the quest for answers in gunsmithing. Yes, it is a science, but it is also an art form. An example that comes to mind is the art of producing a leather covered recoil pad....not too scientific, but surely is an artistic endeavor.

Once again thanks for the help, Ellis. I will try to keep this thread active and you can be assured that I will be back for more advice and opinions!

To anyone else who would like to comment, please feel free to do so. I greatly respect the opinions of others who have walked in the footprints that I am about to make.

Please continue......

Contact Us NitroExpress.com