doubleriflejack
(.333 member)
18/02/12 06:12 AM
Re: Anyone know anything about Max Gera U.S.A. made double rifle

Hi, Max. Thank you so much for responding to my inquiry; I appreciate it a lot. For a good number of years, I have often wondered about your technical ideas and practices in your double rifle making venture years ago in California. Perhaps you were ahead of the times in that effort, because at that time, double rifles in this country were not well thought of, while today the whole subject of double rifles is red hot, and has been for quite a few years lately, with as many or more modern double rifles being made worldwide than ever before. Double rifle makers Searcy and Rigby, both in California, seem to be doing well the last several years, and I suspect that you too would be doing the same, had you begun your double rifle building venture in more recent years.

If you wouldn't mind, I would like to know how you initially learned the skill and trade that you have, what formal training you had, as well as any other training that contributed to your entering this line of work. I have always thought that it is profoundly important for such knowledge/skill to be passed from one generation to the next, through training our children, through our training other young people just beginning to get involved in the trade, or, as minimum, to at least leave a written record of our knowledge, for passing it along to generations to follow. With that in mind, I would love to see some written technical details, especially regarding double rifles, that you, with all your vast experience, knowledge, and skill in this trade, could share with others with similar interests. One such topic that is especially of interest would be your methods of double rifle regulation---the "nuts and bolts" of how you do it. Such a thing would be highly valued by many others who follow this website. Thanks again for everything.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com