C_Davidson
(.224 member)
09/01/12 06:14 AM
Re: Lyman Mannlicher sight

Thanks for the link, Kuduae. That's s help. I'm wondering if the Lyman came with a special nut, as it looks to me like the standard nut couldn't be dovetailed without cutting away a significant portion of the firing pin. As I mentioned above, I've found reference to some kind of nut being included in the box as part of the sight. If you look at the first picture Igorrock posted, it appears to me the portion of the nut that is dovetailed is thicker than the portion dovetailed in the first picture posted by Kuduae. Igorrock, you picture of the disassembled bolt is much appreciated. It helps me to get my mind around a design I haven't had my hands on for a few decades. Is there any way you could post a picture of the cocking piece nut edge on. I suppose if I could make the right contact, there's a sight collector out there somewhere who knows the details exactly. I've gotten excited about an 1895 Mannlicher sporter project, building one in the British style, and a cocking piece sight would just be the icing on the cake. I need to know what to look for -- or what I might have to have made.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com