baileybradshaw
(.333 member)
20/12/10 02:12 PM
Re: Falling block double prototype

Got her regulated. Only took about 30 rounds. ( I like it when it ony takes acouple of trips to the bench and go through 10-15 rounds). I used a vertical wedge as opposed to a wedge that extend horizontaly from the muzzle. Not that one works better than the other, just my preference.

I alway stress over regulation. I want them to shoot the exact spread of the bores s thy shoot paralell. I had it just over an inch twice, but that would cause the groups to grow as range increased. Makes you think more when shooting, and shooting shouldn't be a thinking game in that regard. Well, I finaly have it just right...

Afterward, the front sight base if made and fitted, then soldered in place.

It will be machined to the proper hight, dovetail cut for the sight and of course polished for blueing.

The front sight will be a thin blade with a small bead, rear sight is a three blade ( two folding, one fixed) express sight. I made a batch of these and will have several at the show for sale. There is plenty of rib for mounting a scope, but I don't need one yet, and enjoy hunting with open sights.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com