CHAPUISARMES
(.416 member)
23/09/10 08:03 PM
Re: Making a Double Rifle

Hi John,

I will do a complete report once it is back from Alex Beer, the reason for that being is Sabatti have a very primitive scope mount which comprises of a flat rail that is the width of the rib on one side and a 3/8" dovetail on the other with a recoil stop cut in. This fits by way of 4 screws and onto this fits the top half of the mount that holds the scope but it looks like something that you would put on a .22 and as the rib is not cut out for scope bases as per the Chapuis, I purchased the "Generic" bases from Recknagel ( via Graeme Spraggon )which Alex will cut into the rib and then we will use the normal Recknagel Q.D. mounts with the H7 rear base which is the same as the 2 CZ550 Alex is building for me as you know.

A problem with mine was that the regulated load is not available in Australia ( the agent was informed of this and Sabatti listened and are now using either Hornady or Norma ) in this caliber not Kynamco.

Using the 480gn Woodleighs ( As regulated ) Alex has found that 88gns of AR2209 looks good but that may still change so that brings you up to date for now but I will do the report on it's return.

I almost forgot, the main "Winge" made by a lot of people was the recoil pad which was as hard as hell and I had Ross Waghorn change it a few weeks after receiving the rifle.

Regards,

Jeff Gray

Contact Us NitroExpress.com