Jeffeosso
(.275 member)
25/01/09 08:21 AM
Re: Here we go -- Huglu 12ga to 45/120 Nitro

Daryl,
Thanks .. it was me that dubbed it the 45/120 nitro, and since max pressure has nothing to do with velocity, and we have done a good deal of load work, I feel that getting 405gr to 2000fps is a trivial exercise.. yes, max pressure has nothing to do with it, as bluedot will blowup guns and deliver 1/3 of the velocity .. it's pressure over time.. WORK that determines velocity .. and each and every reloading book proves the point, every time that have the same MAX pressure for loads, and different velocities.

Today
finished threading both "chambers"
got the right barrel in, and the action just barely not closing on it

rough chambered both barrels for 45/120 .. just barely touched the rim to barrel face, so it will need to be about .055 or more deeper, once the action is ready.. this will wait until extractor is finished

Left barrel is 1/4 of the way in, have to dress bout .01 or .015 off the end of the barrel, and it will go right in.

my method for installing the barrels is to take brass washers on eitehr end of a 3/8 all thread, lock washer on top of that, and 2 nuts... makes darn handy handle.

I have to order some left handed all thread for next weekend

I am going to stop until mid to late week, as I have to order the all thread, lefty, and my bolovia (clone) epoxy will be in..

I am going to use bolovia to mate the first third of the barrel to the sleeve, just in case.

jeffe

Contact Us NitroExpress.com