470Rigby
(.333 member)
15/03/04 12:25 PM
Re: Greener Empire ?

NitroX - Why build something that you can buy "off the hook"?? Not sure what you hunt in "Cabernet Country", but if it's in closely a settled area - have you thought of a wildcat to duplicate one of the SSK Industries "Whisper" rounds. I had thought of building up a 30 Whisper on a Sako action to tackle the Giant Grasshoppers in my neck of the woods (ever seen one of those wearing earmuffs?), but can't bring myself to own a boltgun! So, I'm now looking around for one of those little Ugartechea 28 bores to start with. Built up a 44/40 WCF on one their .410 actions once - neat little conversion that handled 240 gn pills at 1350 fps and was quite devastasting on the aforementioned. Will probably settle on using a 30/30WCF case (in fact - not a wildcat as far as case dimensions go - but regulated for 220 gn pill at sub-sonic velocities - using 1 in 8 twist.Pressure should be OK. So - on your Empire action - why not something to duplicate the 338 Whisper? Lets face it - doubles are for stalkers and if you can't get within 50 yards - you might as well go to the Video parlour for your shooting experience. The Whisper concept seems tailor-made for doubles. Surprised it hasn't been done before!

Contact Us NitroExpress.com