Squarebridge
(.300 member)
01/09/08 12:11 PM
Re: Extra set of DR barrels

"squarebridge, do have any pictures to show us. I am very keen to see the looks of your gun, if possible close-ups."

Not yet I don't - it's got a coin finish receiver, a Prince of Wales grip, and double triggers. I was told by the person I bought it from that it was imported back when CZ was importing Huglu shotguns. Now I think they're imported by Huglu itself? But then I look on CZ's webpage and it looks like they have a full selection of these shotguns, although none exactly like mine.

Very confusing, all this import/export business.

Anyway, the gunsmith that is offering to take the job on says that CZ is very helpful and will make up a set of donor barrels and provide a spare forearm for the job. Apparently he uses a donor set, then uses the lumps and breeches of the donor barrels for the conversion. His name is Gordon Harm, and the photos of his work that I've seen look solid and attractive - very clean work. He's got a 45-70 he built for himself and he says it's not even broken in well after over 300 rounds, and he said he doesn't use light weight loads.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com