Ironscot
(.224 member)
01/07/08 12:46 AM
Re: Beretta 45/70

Bob,

That's a beautiful rifle. If you need a test driver, I know where several pigs are that need to be dealt with. (nudge nudge wink wink know what I mean)

I'm certainly a far cry from an expert on these matters, so don't take my questions as criticism in any way please. Just trying to fill the gaps in my knowledge. I've been bitten hard by the bug and am trying to fill in all the gaps before I start chopping up guns like a madman.

I'm kind of curious about how it balances with the 26 inch barrels. Most of the DRs in that caliber that I've seen are anywhere from half to two inches shorter. I'm sure there's a reason and I'm just too nosey to not ask.

This is probably neither here nor there, but why do folks not TIG over the non-essential information remaining on the monoblocks then clean it up when they strike the barrels? I've noticed this on several gun to rifle conversions and it's more just worrisome to me like a loose tooth than a functional issue obviously.

I am curious about your stock work also. I really like the classic contour that you have used and would like to hear more about your stocking process.

Nice work!

Bret

Contact Us NitroExpress.com