Mark_Stratton
(.224 member)
26/04/08 08:09 AM
Re: Fitting a Quarter Rib

I'm glad you all like the book. It all got started when I was teaching NRA summer classes at Trinidad State college. I would bring all of my jigs and fixtures to class and place them on a table for the students to see and make drawings. The student were there for just a week and they had their own projects to complete while they were there. Some of the students asked if I would make the drawings and pass them out in class. Well the book project got out of hand and it turned into a book.

At first I thought that if I ordered a 100 copies from the printer I would sell maybe 20, give one to my mother and have 75 copies sitting in the basement rotting. Well to this date, I have sold over 500 copies. It has gotten nice reviews in both Precision Shooting and Machinist Workshop..

And what's the best thing? Gunmakers starting in the trade don't have to revent the wheel. I won't go to the grave without passing along what I have learned over the years. That's the best thing.. After reading all the postings, my email address is: octbarrel@aol.com

Contact Us NitroExpress.com