BlainSmipy
(.375 member)
17/04/08 02:49 AM
Re: building a DR on a CZ SXS action

Quote:

BlainSmipy :

Could you elaborate on why you would prefer Merkel please ?
As you have proved how strong the Huglu can be , I,m looking at a Merkel type also , but they seem alittle light weight ! I have a Sauer 12 Ga ,but have seen Simson & Buhag shotguns from Shul?? that all look like Merkel actions .
Trying to find a action for 577 light Nitro which I think fits the 12Ga action size better than smaller cases (firing pin spaceing etc )
Thank you !

I prefer the Merkels because the over all quality of the gun is better(and you pay for it as well); stock, barrels, frame, fit and finish. The Huglu's are a remarkable gun for the price, but the Merkels really shine. I would not hesitate to use a Husky, Simson or JP Sauer either; all fine guns of high quality. The only real bummer is that its hard to find one of these old German guns in a hammer type, which I really like. I just love hammer guns. I would also consider a Greener E25, but its really hit a miss on the quality of these guns due to their age and amount of usage. There are some real dogs out there, and the sellers are asking premium dollars for them. All IMHO.

BS

Contact Us NitroExpress.com