Miller
(.275 member)
03/05/03 05:34 PM
Re: Australian Hunting Clubs

NitroX,

Thanks for all the information. I will make good use of it.

The next question is, if you were going to join 2 clubs, which 2 would you join?

I want a club for shooting, and since I live about 5 kms from the Malabar Range here in Sydney, I have the choice of the SSAA or the New South Wales Rifle Association. Any preference? I went out to the range today, and talked to the SSAA folks, but did not have time to talk to anyone from NSWRA.

I also want to join a hunting club, primarily since, I am new to Australia, I do not have many contacts for places to hunt, and particularly deer. So which would be the best club to join for that aspect?

Of course, I will go to each club and check it out for myself, but as always, as newcomer, I can only rely on what I am told instead of knowing the facts from someone behind the scenes.

I passed my safety test yesterday with flying colors, and am now waiting the paperwork from the registry, so I have a few days to work through the 2 clubs I want to join to support my "genuine reasons".

I sent Gryph a PM yesterday as he requested, he is one gentlemen I would like to get to know better. From his web-site, which I visit far too many times a day, he has a wealth of knowledge on hunting deer in Australia.

I look forward to learning to know many of you better, and one day I hope we can meet face to face or even better, go hunting together.

Lynn Miller

Contact Us NitroExpress.com