Miller
(.275 member)
01/05/03 05:26 PM
Re: Australian Hunting Clubs

NitroX;

Thanks for the welcome.

I am scrambling as fast as possible to get my shooter's license so that I can hopefully take in a bit of Sambar hunting this season, even if I have to beg, steal, borrow a rifle till my personal weapons get here from the US. And as you know, I need to be a member of a gun club to get my shooter's license, so I am going to join the SSAA for now, so I can get my application on the way.

I have been here for about 2 years, and have found it very difficult to get into the shooting and hunting circles, seems everyone wants to keep a low profile in the public, not that I much blame them. But in the last few weeks I have made some aquaintances that are hunters and shooters and have pointed me in the general direction I need to go.

I was looking at the Sydney based Alpine Hunters, Shooters, and Fishing Club(I think I got it right) as a possibility, but I will check into the local SCI chapter.

I have been hunting and shooting since I was 10, have suffered severe withdrawal since moving to Sydney, so I am literally desperate to get back out into the bush again.

Any contacts or details you could relay to me would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

P. Lynn Miller

Contact Us NitroExpress.com