3DogMike
(.400 member)
18/11/22 07:06 AM
Re: WTB .450-400 3-inch NE brass

Quote:

Mike, I actually ordered 41-359M from Tom yesterday, but after sleeping on it, have convinced myself that a gas-checked design makes a great deal more sense. I was leaning toward 41-350DG. What did you specify for overall and nose diameters to fit your No. 1? I was thinking .412/.401.
Thanks, Bill
P.S. I cannot find a .411 sizer for the life of me, and will probably just try to open up the Lyman .410 I have at hand.

Precisely same requested dimensions,
I have the Ruger No.1 in the 3" Jeffery (.410" groove) as well as my Cogswell & Harrison CERTUS in .450/.400 3 1/4" (.411" groove). That gas check bullet will work fine in either rifle at "factory" speeds with wheel weight alloy, gas check, and LBT Blue lube

As an aside; Save yourself the aggravation of modding the .410 sizer die …... S&S Firearms: https://www.ssfirearms.com/proddetail.asp?prod=SA450 will make you a .411" (or any other size) Lyman/RCBS type die for little more than what you would pay to get a die and then have to mess with it.
I have a couple of their sizers for my BP Express .577's (varied groove dimensions) and they are perfect. You would never know they were not factory OEM.

- Mike

Contact Us NitroExpress.com