casper50
(.400 member)
28/11/14 05:24 AM
For Sale Custom Ruger #1 in .500 NE 3"

This Ruger has been completly customized by the previous owner. Metal work done in California and restocked in England. Chambered for the 500NE 3". Gold inlay on right is the previous owner's inital and last name the one on the left says 500 3" N E M F. You'll have to guess what the M F stands for. This rifle has been to Africa and taken 2 elephants and 2 buffalo. It works as designed and as needed. 1 standing and 2 folding leafs. Folding leafs are unmarked for distance. A substantial rifle with nice wood. The stock has some marks. Info from previous owner: The barrel was bored by douglas to 500 3" nitro. All the action work to feed and eject the shell and the work on the block was done by Larry Amrine of Ojai California. The load developed was using 760 ball powder propelling a 600 gr n bullet at 2600 fps a real snootfull. Thats the reason for the 500 M.F. Brought the rifle back to the UK to my shop and Bob Harvey restocked it for me with a slightly larger and heavier stock, fitted the English style 1/4 rib and front sight + English proof. It handles std 500 3" v.comfortably. WILL CONSIDER TRADES. English or european single shot rifles, bolt action rifles, double rifles. Can accept credit card but NO wavier of CC fees 3% of the price is too much for me to lose. Expect shipping from Alaska to be a little more. Will ship any way you wish but must have insurance. 3 day inspection, will accept return if unfired at your cost to ship and insure. FFL info: if your FFL will accept from a non FFL there will be no FFL fee if your FFL has to receive from my FFL there will be a $30 charge. If you would like a photo of anything that isn't shown just ask. $2500

Contact Us NitroExpress.com