Ripp
(.577 member)
19/05/21 06:53 AM
Re: Sako L46 Riihimäki stutzen in .222 Remington

Quote:

Since Covid-19 lockdown (the previous one before the future one) was lifted last week in France I went to the range this week for checking my 7x65R kipplauf before roe buck season starts on 1st of June and for shooting the SAKO L46 .222 at 200 meters.

The L46’s results at 100 m, 20 mm / 0,78 in groups for 3 shots, were consistent with the similar result I already had in February 2021; for 200 m the best I could do was 45 mm / 1,77 in for 3 shots. I am sure the little rifle could do much better however with a x4 rifle scope I can’t see much room for improvement on my side whatever the Swarovski optic’s quality is. I also noticed a 5 cm / 2 in drop of impacts between 100 & 200 m. Anyway, such a group should do the job on any fox-sized target at 200 m; unless – of course, the beast is bullet-proofed!

Needless to say, I am deeply ashamed to report such a result at 200 m after learning from Daryl (see his post in “Rifles”) that other folks shoot 1,068-in groups at 1000 yards !

Side questions:
- Mike .264, have you mounted and tested the Leupold 2-7; if yes, how does it work?
- Mike .264 or/and Marrakai or/and Rpeck and/or Igorrock, could you please tell me how to dismantle the bolt for thorough cleaning as I could not find any information or user’s manual available online?

Louis

Yes Louis, I would say that is more than good enough for roe buck.. that is unless he is wearing a mask..I've those things can make most living creatures unstoppable..

Contact Us NitroExpress.com