Louis
(.375 member)
01/03/21 04:15 AM
Re: Sako L46 Riihimäki stutzen in .222 Remington

Dear All, thank you for your comments and input.

Lancaster. Yes, you're correct, the rifle scope issue could easily be bypassed by changing the scope mounts. However I will try to stick to all-Sako original parts for the time being as mounting a scope with a bigger magnification is not yet a matter of life and death for me; it would certainly have been a nice to have but is not yet a must have. Another option may also be to find original Sako scope mounts of the higher size while I only have medium ones (2 sets, 1 for central tube of 26mm and 1 for central tube of 25,4mm/1 inch), see the below photo (courtesy of Joël Dorléac):

LRF. As already confirmed by Igorrock, rear sights as the one posted above were factory original. The space for the rifle scope probably reflects the immediate WW2-era when most rifle scope were X4 ones, of usual 27cm/10,62in length. When larger rifle scopes reached the market from the early 60's I assume that there was other option but to remove the rear sight in order to make space for modern rifle scopes, see the below link:
https://www.dorleac-dorleac.com/arme/l-46-riihimaki-222-2/?lang=en

Louis

Contact Us NitroExpress.com