CptCurlAdministrator
(.450 member)
21/12/20 12:21 PM
Re: Krag Sporting Rifle

Quote:

Hello Curl

. . .

That stop ring needs to be where it is. It features a forward facing tang with a spade at it's end.
The scope doesn't have an integral rib. That tang acts as the alignment rib. The front ring features a groove at 12 O'clock, and that tang rides in the groove.

Scope is manually pulled back into battery position before the shot.
Recoil moves the rifle back, scope ends up sitting forward after the shot.

They feature a coil spring return on a different scope that they offer, and it can be supplied for this scope as well.

I stand corrected. Malcolm uses a system different from what I am accustomed to. Both Unertl and Lyman put the thumb-screw stop ring in front of the forward mount. The rifle and mounts recoil under the scope, leaving the scope in a forward position after the shot is fired. The scope is then pulled back against the stop ring (if you don't have the return spring setup).

Here's a photo of my Stevens Mod. 44-1/2 in .38-55 with a 4x Unertl Small Game Scope attached:

Likewise, here's my Winchester Mod. 52C wearing a Unertl 15X Ultra-Varmint with the full return spring setup:

Anyway, I wasn't trying to be a smart-ass. I hope I didn't sound that way. Just trying to be helpful.

I really like that Krag. It is a classy rifle.

Curl

Contact Us NitroExpress.com