NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
25/07/19 02:14 PM
Re: french connection

Quote:

the 10,75x68 version is far and away from being an ugly duck
its a very handy and praktical rifle and looks actually very good in every detail. I can say this because being a great admirer of the model 98.

I actually agree.

I am not a great fan of the 10.75x68 as it is neither here nor there is the big bore power stakes.

But I like the thought of it in one of these ghastly French rifles. Differently looking anyway.

I know our member larcher had one for a while, getting stuck with it, as on being requested to buy it for another person, and then freight it to Australia, the other guy decided he didn't want it after all .... I believe larcher sold it off to try and recover most of the purchase price, but if he still had it, he could carry it out to Aust for me one day, when he eventually comes again. Soon I hope.

A 10.75x68 with decent 350 gr SPs or FMJs and a five shot magazine would make an adequate water buffalo rifle. Plus more than adequate for scrub bull, camel, horses, donkeys, and certainly wild pigs.

What do these rifles generally weigh? Look like they aren't necessarily light in weight.

How does the magazine work? I haven't gone through all posts for a photo. 7 pages of them! Well done to lancaster and others. Is the magazine internal, I am guessing, but the catch at the bottom opens a floorplate? Or is it a removable magazine?

Contact Us NitroExpress.com