9.3x57
(.450 member)
03/01/19 01:29 AM
Re: Brno Vrs Waffenwerke Brunn - Classic Sporters

Quote:

The BRNO M21/22 smallring actions are pure commercial develeopments, though the Czech had a consequent line in producing the smallring actions for military purposes.

Peruvian 1932 (identical to VZ33 except the typical Peruvian charger hump). BTW the Safety in this picture is from a postwar M21.

Wartime (1941) commercial 21

The wartime productions had a much better bottom metal.Solid steel box . The double set trigger mechanism identical to the later production times.Little different shaping ( rounded) of the trigger bow guard.

Not the cheap stamped and welded magazinze boxes found on the postwar production.

Sorry for my butchering the BRNO parts.

TexasJohn and justcurius, THANK YOU for the information and pix. Very interesting! I had no idea Brno was making pure commercial actions of the type.

The box mag here is reminiscent of the late-war stamped mags with the large winter trigger guard made by Brno {pic here w/o the big trigger guard}. I had one of those military '98's many years ago in mint condition. I suspect Brno simply incorporated some of those technological developments into later commercial production?

Parenthetically, it is interesting how many stamped parts found their way into many rifles after the war, notably the Remington 722-700 series.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com