9.3x57
(.450 member)
03/12/18 09:58 PM
Re: french connection

Louis, thank you for that very interesting summary! It seems just as you say, the laws are not nearly as severe as some other countries.

As to your last note, WW2 covert and Resistance/Maquis/Motstand operations have always been a topic of historical interest to me and from that study it seems to me that of the vast number of weapons that my Norwegian friend calls "weapons that fell from the sky" during WW2, there must still be quite a large number in circulation. Here in the USA following the restrictions placed on full automatic weapons, the government has offered periodic amnesties, that is, allowances for turning in full-auto weapons without threat of confiscation. We have not had one in many years, but with the deaths of almost all WW2 veterans now it seems they might want to do so again. A couple years ago a little old lady walked into a cop shop and produced a supposedly mint, brand new condition German Sturmgewehr 44 her recently deceased husband brought back from the war! Because of the weapon/condition, it made national news!

What happens if a weapon of that type is found in possession of an individual? Have there been amnesties or other opportunities for turning in weapons without risk of criminal prosecution?

Contact Us NitroExpress.com