9.3x57
(.450 member)
01/01/16 04:29 AM
Re: The best Mosin sporting rifle project in world history

Quote:

Don't tell anybody or I'll be locked out from the New Years Sauna. But yes, I think the russians as a rule made good to excellent barrels. My PE (admittedly pre-war) and my 1942 PU have excellent Soviet made barrels.

I'm smiling, even if I'm still mostly sober. I'm out on an island in the Baltic, the sauna is warm (the womenfolk are there now). Food is ready and I'm chilling over a beer with a hunting buddy. The dog is chewing on the leg of a Moose calf.

Have an excellent 2016 you all, regardless if you agree with me or are smarter than that 😉

Now THAT's THE Spirit!

Igorrock, I think the point Bokmal is making is that when you have access to 78,968,572 plain jane run of the mill meaningless repeats, there is no good reason to chop on one from a total production of something like 17,000. And that makes good sense. Can't fault that reaoning at all. I can see that for sure, but I just can't get upset at some poor slob who has a silk purse and wants desperately to make a sow's ear out of it.

Now, how many very rare Mannlicher 95's have been chopped on to make sporters in Eastern Europe! Let's take this discussion over to lancasters 95 thread and bare our knuckles over there!

I'm just kidding!!!

Godt nytår!!

Contact Us NitroExpress.com