lancaster
(.470 member)
14/10/15 07:00 AM
Re: The best Mosin sporting rifle project in world history

was invited to an elk hunt in Finnland last weekend and in some sense my way with the mosin in 9,3x53R was coming to the end on saturday.
I had the special luck that my friend organized it for me that I get the best deerstand beside the main game pass.
this was on a cutting made for a power line , a natural firing line with stands every 100 - 200 meters.
they try to find elks with the dogs and drive it against this line.

group of finnish white tails wish to cross the cutting but were mistrustful

the elk pass

just two hours after the driven startet an cow elk coming directly to my stand. first shot with the 9,3 was maybe a little bit low because the elk only looked surprised. my friend have shoot 87 elks in his hunting career and he thought I had missed but in fact in was impossible to miss the elk on 25 meter and shoot a man on the toilet instead.
anyway the elk change the direction and go across my position. my second shot got a strong reaction and a quick third shoot let it fall where it stand.

it was not realy a challenge for the 9,3 the common hunting rifle there is some kind of Sako or Tikka in 308 Win and this had working similar but this was my first Elk and it ends very well. the work of so many years realy got an ending than.

the dog came just moments after the elk fall and in his mind he was very pleased with his work, no doubt he had the opinion the elk dying because he barks so fine.

maybe 30 minutes after I shoot the elk it was in the butchery of the hunting club because its for the meat that they hunt.

my first bullet was found in the left shoulder again under the skin. I think the bullet was a little bit to low and miss the vital organs this way. the other two shoots were maybe 7-8 cm higher but none the less it shows again how hard the elk can be showing no reaction with a bullet through the chest. probably I take the wrong aiming point when shooting from above first.

my friend told me an interesting story about such a bullet under the skin. when he shoot an elk once another hunter told him he had seen the point where the bullet was found later stretching out maybe 20 cm.
so he assume the mystery of so many bullet find under the skin on the opposite side is the skin just hold the bullet.

in four driven this weekend there it was the only elk shoot and it runs just the way to me

thank saint hubertus

Contact Us NitroExpress.com