lancaster
(.470 member)
19/05/15 02:31 PM
Re: Schultz&Larsen Stutzen

finally my M 42 is now on the way to the proof house in Suhl. ch4d had the die set on stock and send it very quick to me but for legally shoot the rifle here it have to be proofed. for obsolete ammo you have to give the proof house 4 factory rounds and then they load the proof cartridges.
8x58RD is hard to find and I was happy in the end to get some cases and bullets. dont know what happen once but most 8x58RD ammo looks like it was dumped into the sea for decades

clean it, aneal it and set new 5,5mm RWS berdan primer( the hardest to get out primer ever, was like soft soldered into the case)

hope they take brass made in 1928

my idea is to use 8x56R brass but this is nothing they accept in Suhl for the proof

you see a 8x56R case loaded with the die set( it get a little step by the die here but can be loaded also without in the chamber) and danish military brass with a softpoint and the original spitzer bullet.

its not easy to find trusted data about the 8x58RD so I was very happy to get this drawing made by the danish army arsenal.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com