Deutsche_Vortrekker
(.333 member)
07/02/15 04:39 AM
Re: The best Mosin sporting rifle project in world history

Quote:

Quote:

1943 Sako Riihimaki 7.62x53R with a German Nickel 4x36 in original Sako rings .This project is about complete and my next will be a 9.3x53R

I find your project to be one of the most beautiful Mosin-Nagants I've ever seen on the web.
Can I buy it?
All joking aside… There might be a market for your Sako-Mosin-Nagant scope mount.
Atleast I would like to buy one.

My everyday moose hunting Mosin is the .45x54R I made a few yars ago.
The seccond most common rifle of mine is the 8,2x53R made by a gunsmith at Sako.

Only if the weather gets really bad, will I grab my composite stainless "something else than a Mosin-Nagant, thus not worth to be mentioned" rifle when I go hunting.

The most interesting Mosin-Nagant I ever saw is one chambered in .45 ACP.
It loads from a 1911 pistol magazine...
Just to remind you guys that there is no limit to what you can make out of a Mosin-Nagant.

Thanks very much for your kind words . Although I did all the work on this project it would have been quite impossible without this forum and especially the help from Bokmal and Igorrock who not only helped me with knowledge and parts but in help with the Finnish culture and mindset that I want to make sure my ancestors did not leave behind in Finland . I am in process of restoration of a Sako Forester first year production 308 that also has a quite nice Arctic Birch stock also but this will be another thread . As for the scope mount it works quite well with the original Sako rings ; Thank Igorrock for his insight which pushed me into making this proper mount for a Finnish Mosin Nagant .

Contact Us NitroExpress.com