vegard_dino
(.333 member)
10/09/14 04:46 AM
Re: Taking the Krag to the range....PHOTOS +added!

Hello and thank you all for the kind words.
Yes, I am glad I did sign up for membership. We do have a LOT of fun at the range.

Here you se a "group" of 8 shoots at 100m. I fired 2 rounds with 4 shots from a sitting position. Why 4 shots? Well, the feeding on my Krag is not so good on the 5 shot, maybe the spring is a bit weak, so the last round is not "pushed", feed properly. Takes a bit of work, opening and closing the magazine lid is the trick. These is a weak point, if one can say so on a rifle these old, other members also have the same problem. Have it fixed? " No, do not even try that young man", I was told. So, then I leave it as it is.

Las weekend we had a day with vintage day, dressing up old style and have a go at the range. I had a old knitted swather and a old hung backpack, all from my grandfather. It was a really a special day for me, using his rifle and some of his gear, what a day.
Some of the members have had the military uniform from 1905 made to them, really nice.
The targets we did shoot at was a 1/8 of a soldier,(upper chest and head only) old Norwegian military target that is no longer in use, and two targets that are called bunker, to simulate shooting at a window in a bunker, size on the targets are 13*40 cm on the large window and 10*30 cm on the last window. 6 shots at each target, 100m range. What a day.

One of the members have a weak right right, so he has to aim with his left eye. I did take a photo of the sights, all made by a local gunsmith. Interesting and just show that we all can use open sights. By the way, the gentleman is well past his 80`s!
I am NOT posting these photos to brag, only to share the fun I have.

All I can say to you all is, join or start a club like these and you will have a so much fun

Contact Us NitroExpress.com