Cashman
(.224 member)
28/07/13 11:06 PM
Re: The best Mosin sporting rifle project in world history

Quote:

Nice family portrait, including the swedish cousin...

I agree up until the "Swedish cousin" part...
At most I would call it a second cousin...

To make it even harder for the local Mosin collectors, I have just finished my latest project. 9,3mmSM is the caliber of this most effective newcomer. It started out as a 9,3x53R that I bought for only 50 Euros. Now it delivers roughly the same effect as a .370 Sako Magnum. The cases are made of shortened .338 Winchester magnum cases or any belted magnum case excluding the .450 Marlin. The measurements are the same as the .350 Rem Mag, except for the projectile and a longer freebore in the chamber. The idea was to be able to use solid bullets with minimum work on the rifle. The discussion about banning lead projectiles in hunting is growing stronger every day even in Finland.
I actually only re-bored the chamber and that's about all..

The bipod is made out of a bipod from a Finnish light machinegun (aka. KK62).
Silencer is a JaKi aluminum silencer. The scope is an Zeiss Duralyt 3-12x50. The stock is from a Merte rifle. Merte stands for Mukkulan Erikois Teollisuus who rebuilt and sporterized many old Finnish army weapons post war. I always thought they would have been better off using Muerte instead, just in case they ever went international...
(The cans under the table are not beer cans but Angry Birds soda cans... my kids love it a bit too much...)

Left 9,3x53R, in the middle 9,3mmSM and to the right 9,3x62.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com