lancaster
(.470 member)
08/02/12 06:17 AM
Re: The best Mosin sporting rifle project in world history

yes, must say that's not bad. I have the feeling that something remarkable could be formed here.

the hex receiver have more charakter! if you wish to build a mosin sporter.
a .375x53R would be a good idea and our finish members can probably showing such cartridges. I believe its the biggest diameter you could rebore an original barrel. be warned about a claw mount, I have payed 300 euro for this and deliver 3 from 5 parts. the gunmaker make a socket for the hex receiver and a new rear feet from scratch for this rifle. and I dont believe you get such work for such price anywhere.
EAW makes a side mount also for mosin that I would consider being correct.

10-15 years ago I looked at anything not be a Mauser 98 down as being obscure. time have change this but I believe it start one day on a gunshow when I had a Mannlicher M 92 sporting rifle in my hands the first time.

I was wondering about your statement that Husqvarna was making 9x57 Mauser sporter and the website shows only german made M 98 in 9x57
http://www.shop.tradeexcanada.com/produits/95?page=11

the price is a steal for what you get

the Franz Kettner rifle was excellent build, to bad I dont make a pic side by side with the husqvarna. my feeling now some hours later is that it was only half as much of the swede.

the 9,5x56 Mannlicher Schönauer is easy to build into a M 98 action

Contact Us NitroExpress.com