Cashman
(.224 member)
22/01/12 09:42 PM
Re: The best Mosin sporting rifle project in world history

Quote:

Quote:

333 okh, I think you'll find some quite nice custom stock ideas in this thread. Mosin sporter stocks are available every now and then on eBay, eGun, Richards Microfit, from Finland etc. etc. I once got a really nice Bishop MC for the Mosin from a gentleman in Dallas.

I am looking for Finnish classic designs for the Mosin or military. I will look over this more.

I´ll just jump right in and start barking out advises..

The problem with the customized sporter stocks made to fit a Mosin, is that they are hard to come by. When you find one, the owner knows it´s value and doesn´t want to sell it or wants a ridiculous price for it or only sell the whole gun and not only the stock.

Sako spoterized some Mosins (I have one in 8,2x53R… I´ll try to find a picture) and they are very good and of high quality, but next to impossible to find second hand. No one in their right mind would part from one and put a piece of plastic instead…

I´ve also seen lots of different types of handmade target rifle stocks for sale, but most are useless for hunting purposes…

If I was to start a Mosin project in an original caliber, I would buy one of these: http://www.boydsgunstocks.com/BOYDS-CLASSIC-MOSIN-NAGANT-p/200-358.htm ... and then modify it to look like it was made by Sako… or whatever. The inletting is the hardest part and this way one wouldn´t have to spend a lot of lime on it…

Just an idea...

Contact Us NitroExpress.com