lancaster
(.470 member)
25/02/10 06:32 AM
Re: The best Mosin sporting rifle project in world history

Have now make the last thing before the gunmaker can start his work. The barrel was coming with the wrong receiver from finnland. It was clear for me that a classic mosin sporter must have a hexagonal receiver. The russian’s have change produduction from hex to round in 1935/36 and the1938 dated round receiver with 3 different damage’s have to go.
The first one trying to unscrew the receiver was the gunmaker who was making the import for me. Because he wasn’t successful I was also trying this at home, nothing!
Last week I visit another gunmaker in my area and we try this with 3 man’s in his shop. The receiver doesn’t turn one milimeter. The gunmaker is giving such problems to a mechanic where the barrel can be fixed in a very big lathe. He was told me that this guy once unsrew a mauser receiver from the barrel that was fixed with an invisible welding point.
And in this way the old receiver was unsrewed in the end.

You see the traces from the three-jaw chuck on the barrel, the receiver was heatet, hammered und turn with brutal force

russian military stuff isn’t known for his well finish surface, need some hour’s to polish the barrel

Contact Us NitroExpress.com