dnovo
(.333 member)
22/04/08 01:52 AM
Re: Pair of Gibbs/Medford Farquharson Rifles

Quote:

dave

i dont get your last remark, i do the range rover, large estate owner old boys club shoots. as well as rough shooting, naked in my wellies, with a rabbit eared russian SxS. i dont envy anybody there toys, as i am pleased if somebody is doing good for themselfs, and i think that is one of the reasons why i get invited to the shoots.

you might think 600 is showing off because he ot a 599 gtb f1(600 what the heck is that) i think that if that is a special toy, good for him. it sounds like a sports car. in wich case it would be poor form to show up at the shoot in that.

pissing contests, player hate and below the belt remarks, all belong at accurate reloading. around here we should act like the gentlemen we are.

best regards

peter

Good grief, I can't even kid Death a bit? Obviously I was kidding him, and if he couldn't figure that out, and if he wants to complain now about being 'thrown under the bus' then you guys are too damn sensitive about anything that might offend ole Death. Or he is. Or both.

Do I care about the 599? No, drove one when they came out through LFSC, a lifelong friend and ex-racing buddy. They are very nice cars, and I think a lot more collectable and fun to drive than the current V8 models. If I was still into modern exotics, I'd go with a 12 cycl Ferrari, not a Lambo ot the other NBA/NFL players cars for overpaid muscle brains.

Death had good taste in cars. I undertand that as I did the exotic car bit years ago. Do a Google and you will see the tests of several very exotic Ferrari and ex-race types I owned and gave to magazines to test as well as a write up oin the shop we ran in the late 80s doing restoration work. I used to get kidded on several forums about pissing away too much money on exotic cars. Most of us there had -- and still do -- have a sense of humor, something that seems seriously lacking here. We kid the hell out of each other. Not a bad example for this forum, I might add.

Death. Enjoy your cars. Enjoy your guns. Everyone take a chill pill. Dave

Contact Us NitroExpress.com