Perry
(.275 member)
02/02/14 09:41 AM
Re: Just started Casting - Learning a lot

Good to see an old thread given some new Life Folks

eljefedouble I still have that plate of what I thought was Linotype. Thanks for the heads up that it may well be stereotype. I have not heard of it before, your description is pretty well spot on.

I have just bought a 458400 Cast Bullet Engineering Mould for my Rossi Rio Grande 45.70. With Wheel Weight alloy I get 413 gr Projectiles. Have not done any exhaustive load development yet but with high Trapdoor Level Loads it shoots nice round groups. I'll push em as fast as the plain base will allow with more load development experimenting with alloy etc.

I have 2 Cast Bullet Engineering Moulds, both a real pleasure to use and the service I received from David when I bought this last Mould a few weeks back first rate !

I have been playing with some Westcast .459 500gr Commercial Hard Cast Projectiles of late that I was given. I've only tried 2 loads so far, book says the last load is around 1415fps. Seems to me it is a mild load and I can step it up some. The Rio Grande weighs 6.5#. It is a pussycat with these big Projectiles under recoil.

I bought the Rio Grande 45.70 instead of a Zastava .458 Win Mag due to finances, don't regret it at all but Boy hasn't it lit the Fire for a BIGGER Calibre and shooting more Cast Bullets. I have learned much, especially from my mistakes since I started Casting.

Regards Jacko

Contact Us NitroExpress.com