DarylS
(.700 member)
23/11/11 02:58 AM
Re: Looking for a bullet lube recipe

This paragraph is from the link Martin provided. This lube is said to be as good as Verals - I assume or presume they mean LBT Blue. There is nothing in the 'test' below, that cannot be done with straight beeswax and vaseline 60:40, but it's a LOT more difficult to make. As well, the BP lubes by SPG or Lyman will do likewise as will the normal 50:50 beeswax/Alox lubes.

Now, if this Felix lube worked at 3,000fps with good accuracy and no leading, it could be as good as LBT Blue.

"First was the 44 Mag- RCBS 240gr SWC over 23.0 gr of IMR-4227. This load chronos 1420fps in my Contender. There was zero leading and accuracy was at least as good as the same load with commercial lubes. ( @ 2in at 50yds, iron sights ) Next was the 308 Win - RCBS 180gr SP over 47.0grs of WC860. Haven't chronographed this load but would guess 1750 fps. Again zero leading, first 5 shot group measured 1.12in. I was happy with that as I have not fine-tuned this load yet. My conclusion is this lube is worth a try. My investment was about $22 and that buys enough ingredients to make a LOT of lube. The experiments will continue..."

Contact Us NitroExpress.com