Oleg
(.224 member)
24/03/09 01:29 AM
Re: WBD

Dear Brad (WBD),

First of all, Thank You very much for Your participation in our discussion. It does credit for us. From the first words I understood that You know the problem very well and Your competence in history of cartridges is doubtless. We need Your opinion. I am sure You have seen all accessible oldtime catalogues and literature and of course You held much different cartridges in Your hands. I am sure nobody but You can solve this problem. Trust me, I respect Your knowledge and Your experience.

I am not a researcher historian. I am not a serious cartridge collector. I am a hunter. I have the old gun and I simply want to know, what gun I have and what cartridge I need. During some years I try to search possible information and to understand the number of facts been found.

My gun, Ralph’s gun and couple of other pieces of iron are also the facts. It is iron facts. Letters and numbers stamped on the iron and other characteristics really are the primary material. Slugs pushed through the barrel and chambercasts are also the primary material. It may be more important than references in literature. Really we have the absence of known references, but an absence is not the evidence). What is reference in literature? It is only the interpretation of primary material. We have found a new primary material and we need it’s competent interpretation.

I hope You have read my previous post and saw the image of old collath marking. Sorry for my English. In short I wanted to say that exist guns (drillings) with barrels for bullet 11 mm of diameter. It has chambers with diameter of entrance about 12.5mm. If the guns exist, so it has obligatory to exist appropriate cartridges too. It is not a rare but known cartridges as 10.75x65R Grundig or 11.15x65R LK (the last with lead bullet 11.31 dia).

That barrels usually marked by gauge 67/49. Barrels for the cartridge 11.15x65R LK marked by other (bigger) gauge 62/78. It is an example posted by kcordell at our forum.

What known similar Rimmed cartridge can contain a bullet of 11 mm (!) diameter?

What have to be the real diameter of jacketed bullet in cartridges from old Collath-Tesco catalog listed as 11 x 65. Cartridges in that catalog are listed as 8.15 or 8.1 or 9.3 and 11 but not 11.15?

Contact Us NitroExpress.com