larcher
(.416 member)
27/02/07 06:56 AM
Re: Bowhunting Elephant?

I am dreaming of ele bowhunting night and day. I am training every morning and every evening with the bow.
I am cooking a special arrow in this respect and change my plans almost every day.
In fact bowhunting elephant is a myth, it's something that could eat anything in your life but this lunacy ; there is not enough place in a hunter's mind for ele bowhhunting ......and for family, hobbies and occupation commitment.

Some people might call it stunt, I prefer to name it Sport. I am right now reading a book : "the book of good hunting , In search of big game by Henry Newbolt. page 21 "sport will cease to be sport if it is made too easy - if too little chance is given to the animal and too little skill or endurance demanded of the hunter.From time to time the improvement of firearms has tended in this direction.........
./....where the hunter has no real dangers to contend with and no difficulties except such as can be overcome by a little extra skills or exertion.

Definitely (as Dries Visser ever says on the DVD "Africa at full draw, concerning big 5 bowhuntin)dangerous game bowhunting is the epitome of the chase in my opinion.
I don't say that I'll do it. The past 2 years I went twice in the CAR in Africa to bowhunt buff (and leopard) and I failed.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com