Hunter4752001
(.300 member)
12/06/24 10:24 AM
Re: Knife sharpening systems, advice wanted mchughcb?

Mchughcb has infinitely greater experience than I have and I value his opinion. However, I have one of the Chinese clone types similar to the one pictured in the first post. I've had it for at least 10 years and its still working well. I've not had a problem with the quality of the stones. The ones that came with it do a great job of getting the blades sharp. On mine, the height adjustment has a series of colour coded dots which indicate the sharpening angle. I find the suction base perfect for gripping the laminex table, whereas a clamp might be somewhat savage on the furniture (Not an issue if you've got a workbench setup specifically for the purpose) I agree with Mchughcb about the blade clamping, however the problem appears to in the advertising photo. On mine the instructions, and pictures, clearly details that the spine of the blade sits on the guide.

I think Mchughcb maybe correct in claiming that the Edgepro is better built, better quality. This is certainly relevant to someone who does a lot of blade sharpening. For me I just do my hunting knives and my wife's kitchen knives. I don't have the level of usage that requires the "Rolls Royce" version.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com