SAHUNT
(Sponsor)
14/09/05 04:35 AM
Re: New bow

Hi JB,
I am lucky to also have a bow that can be set up to 80 lbs. The problem with our rules are that they are outdated. Untill 1992 you could not hunt Ele,Buff,both Rhinos, Hippo, Croc, Leopard, Lion or Girafe with a bow. Animals were then divided in catogaries with specifications on the bow and arrow weight and the type of broadheads that can be used. Certain certification was also needed, but this can become long if I go into all the detail. A further complication was that it was not taken up in the law, it was a policy. For Cat III animals they prescribed a bow of 80lbs (36kg) and an arrow of 700gr. What is needed now, is a revision of the policy, the technology has advanced so much over the last couple of years that the modern bow out performes the bows of 10 years ago. A new law was passed, but unfortuneately I haven't got it yet. A further complication is that every province got their own legislation, and they do differ quite a lot.

Luckilly the authorities are taking note of the rate at which bow hunting are expanding and that is very possitive.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com